Page
of 6

Re: Restart kingdoms for 1.8

47 replies
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Greetings everyone

My friends and I at UNIT have been running small time servers since our beloved Kingdoms went down. I have a question for everyone, especially Satros

Would you set up a Minecraft server that myself and a few others would run using your plugins, name etc. You'll get credit and any profit we will just run it for you. We just don't know how to manage the donations side to it all etc but would like Kingdoms back. We feel we'd be able to promote the server and hopefully bring it back in all it's glory. Lemme know what you think :)

So my question is, revive Kingdoms once more?
Yes!
11 votes
84.6%
No :(
2 votes
15.4%
Number of voters: 13
Posted Oct 2, 14 · OP
List
Undo
jioji MEMBER
Votes:
+13
WaR Clan
The problem with plugins for the server is that we can't use bukkit anymore. We would have to remake the plugin in spigot or something. Luckily, Satros and I are much better devs than we used to be, so we could probably recreated relatively quickly. I could host and pay for the server if we get enough interest, and if Satros decides to not go to sleep for 6 months at a time.
Posted Mar 7, 15
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Well once the servers actually back up all we need is some mods to look out for hacking etc. the admin doesn't need to do a huge amount. As long as there's someone that understands the plugins n' shit it should all work out
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
Votes:
Untagged users
Spigot is just a modified version of Bukkit so most Bukkit plugins work on it although you might need to update some things to work with 1.8
Posted Mar 7, 15
jioji MEMBER
Votes:
+13
WaR Clan
Melvin is right. I am going to test out a proof of concept with the old clans plugin and a new spigot build either today or tomorrow.
Posted Mar 7, 15
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
If you can- try and get it up before the upcoming Easter holidays. That way you'll hopefully get a big boom in people being out of Uni/College/school or whatever. I think the main issue last time was that the server wasn't being advertised at all and it was during term times. Probably obvious, but just something to consider
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Also, can I suggest that:
-food be put back to instafood. The hunger thing is bullshit for PvP

-enchants be restricted to Prot 1, sharp 1 etc. or else it's just a fight won by the one with the best gear

-potions should either be gone or nerfed massively. I'm more on the nerfing side because I do think they add something interesting at times

Lemme know what you think
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
Votes:
Untagged users
I would just say keep food, enchants and potions as they are; in the times they have been limited it has just made things overly confusing or really boring as the risk/reward in pvp is incredibly low.
Posted Mar 7, 15
Dislike
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Hmmmm, I really don't think it benefits anyone. It takes the skill out of it. And for those who can't afford the time to get the highest enchantments it makes the server very boring. When I played on Kingdoms back in Minecraft Alpha/Beta it was soooooo much better before hunger, enchants and potions made everything a grind fest.
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
Votes:
Untagged users
With a level 30 enchant only costing 3 levels and 3 lapis, and strength 2 potion making any decent sword kill someone with protection 4 in a few hits I think it's pretty balanced right now because there isn't a "best" strategy anymore.

Maybe slightly slightly buffing other play styles would work better?
Some things I can think of are :

-lava and fire damages players as though their armor was unenchanted
-bows deal more damage if you are wearing leather armor
-feather falling doesn't work in other teams areas
-food runs out at different speeds based on armor tier
Posted Mar 7, 15
Dislike
List
Undo
Page
of 6
There are no birthdays today.