Page
of 6

Re: Restart kingdoms for 1.8

47 replies
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Greetings everyone

My friends and I at UNIT have been running small time servers since our beloved Kingdoms went down. I have a question for everyone, especially Satros

Would you set up a Minecraft server that myself and a few others would run using your plugins, name etc. You'll get credit and any profit we will just run it for you. We just don't know how to manage the donations side to it all etc but would like Kingdoms back. We feel we'd be able to promote the server and hopefully bring it back in all it's glory. Lemme know what you think :)

So my question is, revive Kingdoms once more?
Yes!
11 votes
84.6%
No :(
2 votes
15.4%
Number of voters: 13
Posted Oct 2, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Could work, I'm down to give it a try
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
jioji MEMBER
Votes:
+13
WaR Clan
I think the activity suffered because the main player base didn't want to play anymore. It has little to do with advertising. If 30 people come to the server, I really only expect 1-3 to actually stay, but that will only happen if the dedicated playerbase can make the game interesting enough for people to stay.

So I want to focus on keeping the community close, in a way. If you were ever around during the Rome days, we had 2-3 teams living in the same city. There was politics and ultimately a war, but it happened in the city. It was pretty fun while it lasted. This way you can interact with others relatively easy because they are in close proximity.

I also favor damage over protection. I would prefer to keep all attack based enchantments, and get rid of all protection based ones. Same thing goes for potions.
Posted Mar 7, 15
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Ooh, I wasn't around for the Rome days but that sounds interesting. So there was a role play element to the server? How did the politics and stuff work though? And what would ultimately cause a war?
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
jioji MEMBER
Votes:
+13
WaR Clan
We didn't really role play, but we could. It was just one team built a place they called rome, then my team moved in, since we hung around it all the time anyways. WJM killed chip clip, which built up a lot of tension between the two teams. Later one, we launch an attack against them in their city. It was pretty exhilarating to tell the truth.
Posted Mar 7, 15
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
I like that idea. Would make for a good change of pace and give a larger objective. We could make Rome a king of the hill style place like Satros was working on just before the server went down? You could gain rewards like gold blocks towards area upgrades and such for holding it for certain amounts of time
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
Votes:
Untagged users
I'm not sure if this could easily be done but what about making team areas based on placing something like a diamond block to set the center of the area (where you would /capture) and then being able to place gold blocks within a few hundred blocks of the center that would protect a small area around them (11x11?)

Most likely people would surround the center with protection but it would also allow areas to have watch towers or something similar nearby.
Posted Mar 7, 15
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
I like Melvins idea there. It would encourage larger team areas and make getting protection easier. That was always a problem for players joining before. They had to get a team of at least ten players together and then get 10 gold blocks. I think that'd put a lot of newcomers off. So if we can make that a little easier I think more people would wanna stick around
Posted Mar 7, 15 · OP
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
If this happened, I would contribute like I always do. Aka solo build a team base for whomever wants to play it. I don't mind spending literally days building a base if people would log on and use it! I'm all for activity and having fun. But I can't be online enough to "lead" a team, so that was always my problem. People would quit because nobody was on to start a war, or a fight, or defend the base, etc.

But ultimately, its like jioji said. If Satros wants to start it up, he can. If the war clan wants to play, they will, if they don't, they won't. And the server will fail without the core players who made / make it what it is.

I will always play the server if it comes back, even if I am the only one online... just let me know.
Posted Mar 13, 15
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
A few ideas to help new players with bases:

- Teams must now consist of a minimum of 3 players before a potential leader can successfully say, /team create ___.
- Team leader may purchase a team area for free.
- Team area upgrades still cost gold blocks.

I personally hope this works out, and also a rating system plugin? :)
Posted Mar 15, 15
Page
of 6
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (4)
Birthday on Tue 01 Jan, 2019
Birthday on Sun 13 Jan, 2019
Birthday on Sun 30 Dec, 2018
Birthday on Sun 30 Dec, 2018
NoticeNotices