Page
of 6

Re: Restart kingdoms for 1.8

47 replies
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Greetings everyone

My friends and I at UNIT have been running small time servers since our beloved Kingdoms went down. I have a question for everyone, especially Satros

Would you set up a Minecraft server that myself and a few others would run using your plugins, name etc. You'll get credit and any profit we will just run it for you. We just don't know how to manage the donations side to it all etc but would like Kingdoms back. We feel we'd be able to promote the server and hopefully bring it back in all it's glory. Lemme know what you think :)

So my question is, revive Kingdoms once more?
Yes!
11 votes
84.6%
No :(
2 votes
15.4%
Number of voters: 13
Posted Oct 2, 14 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
It's not super active. For the following reasons:

1) It's been open for less than two weeks.
2) Melvin is coding everything from scratch and not all the plugins are finished, it will be awhile before everything is finished but he is actively working on it on pretty much a daily basis, even currently. He is also online a lot.
3) Advertising is mainly being done by limpinggoat / a 24 hour voting system on planetminecraft, so players trickle in but few stay.

I'd say we get about 4-8 people online on average right now, but its mostly the old school kingdom players right now, plus a few new guys. Lol.
Posted Mar 27, 15
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Also, I wanted to try out x-ray on melvin's server to see what he did differently over satros' server, see if any new inventions have come up for preventing cheaters. As it turns out, the entire underground appears as ores, and when you dig up blocks, the blocks around it change. This means that you cannot use xray to mine, since every single block appears as a diamond, gold, emerald, redstone, iron, coal, etc.

It's pretty ingenious and I'm super excited. Though, as it stands, cave spelunking on a brand new server seems to be working out pretty well for gathering resources! I've found lots of gold blocks in ocean monuments and just by searching caves. Lots of iron too, but sadly few diamonds =(

But I definitely appreciate the effort Melvin and limp have put into the server so far, and if they can finish setting up the server, it can be just as good as the old kingdoms. My only hope now is to get some team areas going and at least 3 ish active players in each team so we can have some small PvP skirmishes in iron armor lol.
Posted Mar 27, 15
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
Sounds awesome
Posted Mar 27, 15 · OP
Votes:
+8
WaR Clan
I've been meaning to look into this server of his. Perhaps I'll come give it a look.
Posted Mar 28, 15
Votes:
+8
WaR Clan
Hmm. Certainly not a bad server. Its feeling good however it only has a small population right now. That will come with time though. I'll certainly keep an eye on that server.
Posted Mar 28, 15
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
I can see it being very enjoyable. Melvins done a good job of setting up a simple spawn that isn't just the top of a tree. I think rule boards and details about the server would be a good thing to have there though. Just needs some advertising and I think it'll be good to go. Looking forward to it!
Posted Mar 28, 15 · OP
jioji MEMBER
Votes:
+13
WaR Clan
So instead of making everything look like ores, the plugin Satros made had everything looking like stone. That's the only difference. This isn't a new feature.
Posted Mar 28, 15
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
Didn't Satros' plugin only change chests into stone? My server changes anything not visible to ores so xrayers can't even see caves or underground bases.
Posted Mar 28, 15
List
Undo
Votes:
+4
Untagged users
I think that's a better way to have it. X-Ray sounds pretty much impossible now
Posted Mar 28, 15 · OP
Page
of 6
There are no birthdays today.
Upcoming birthdays (4)