of 2

Wizardry Online

18 replies
Cecil LEGENDARY
Votes:
+12
WaR Clan
Legendary

So yeah, got into RO2 which bored the shit outta me, and it reminded me of this.

WO is pretty badass. Basically it's a Dark/Gothic fantasy MMO with open world pvp and 2spooky4me PvE with permanent death.
I think this is something we can get into, it was a lot of fun when i played it. The dungeons in it are pretty treacherous and it can be pretty gory, your character can be split in two by a big axe carrying demons and shit.

EDIT: Names so far
Cezul ( Soul name Luzec ) Warrior
Dayrh ( Soul name Zaifos ) Priest

Meet Up @
Server: Merryweather ( US )
Heroes Square Channel 5

Protips + Dungeon Survival Guide
+Character Creation Protip: Keep rolling until you get at least 10+ bonus points to spend.
Elves are good at magic type classes. Dwarves/Gnomes are great priests or warriors. Porkul make excellent thieves. Humans are generally well rounded.
+Try not to go it alone.
+Keep an eye out for traps! If you see a red '!' above your head, one is nearby...Look around and see if you find the trap, it's a red glimmer on the ground. Other traps may be more obvious ( Such as spears jutting through walls occasionally )
+Do not trust players who have a red aura. They are criminals, and once you hit soul rank 2 they CAN attack you and take your valuables.
+Be a bro, if one of your team dies, try and rescue their body and take it to the nearest Shrine, or to the town temple for a 100% revive rate.
+Be wary of enemies with a wicked purple aura. They are quite powerful and just might kill you.
+ This isn't like WoW, don't just stand there in combat! Target your enemy, and actively block, dodge and get into positions of attack such as his flank or at his back for more damage. If you see him charging something up, MOVE!
+ Loot Chests. They are most often dropped from fallen monsters... Be careful. If one of the team decides to try and open it, keep a good distance, as the trap could be fatal, such as an explosion or sleeping gas in an area full of nasty monsters.
Posted Oct 17, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 18, 13
Votes:
+8
WaR Clan
Well that looks absolutely brutal. Hell of alot of fun. But brutal all the same. Also, did anyone else thing of Dark Souls here?
Posted Oct 17, 13
Satros aLEADER
Votes:
+66
Admins
WaR Clan
Leader
Looks good. I am def interested in trying this out.

If you die in game you die irl
Posted Oct 17, 13
Cecil LEGENDARY
Votes:
+12
WaR Clan
Legendary
Yeah, it was pretty fun when i played it, DONT KNOW WHY I DIDN'T TELL YOU GUISE ABOUT IT THOUGH

But yeah, it's pretty good. The melee combat is kinda like Rune+Diablo. You can actively attack with your weapon, as well as dodge, and block if you have a shield. So there is a bit of skill involved unlike WoW or RO2.

Whenever you die, you become a ghost. As a ghost you have to run to a shrine/sanctuary while avoiding Reapers. If a reaper catches you it WILL lower your chance to resurrect, and should you fail resurrecting your character dies permanently. Other players can loot your corpse while you are a ghost, or if they're complete bros they can pick your corpse up and buddy carry it next to a shrine so you can avoid reapers altogether.
Posted Oct 17, 13 · OP · Last edited Oct 17, 13
Satros aLEADER
Votes:
+66
Admins
WaR Clan
Leader
It seems as if we are all going to play. Everybody post their character names and class on this thread.
Posted Oct 18, 13 · Last edited Oct 18, 13
Cecil LEGENDARY
Votes:
+12
WaR Clan
Legendary
nbzn8p.jpg

Well Zaifos and I did some adventurin'
Pic related
Posted Oct 18, 13 · OP
Staticgirl LEGENDARY
Votes: